Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Waterbaby

Very proud of LM.  Yesterday at his swimming lesson he said he didn't need his armbands.  I insisted, knowing his tendency to stop kicking  but the instructor agreed with him and guess what?  He did it.  He swam unaided for the whole lesson.  The only problem was when he opened his mouth to speak and took a fair bit of pool on board but I was really impressed (and not a little bit shamefaced for not having had faith in his abilities).

I expected him to have tired himself out with all the extra effort but was surprised nonetheless when, on being told we had to make a pit stop at the supermarket, he huffed "Can't you go on your own?"

He has started phrasing all his questions "Do you xxx or don't you?"  As in this weekend's "Do you love me or don't you?"  I was a little put out that he had to ask and even more so when I asked who he loved and he replied  "Grandad with the glasses".  They never appreciate the ones who do everything for them  (I'm tempted to blame it on gender but I'm not sure a daughter wouldn't prove me wrong)

No comments:

Post a Comment