Well kind of. Yesterday I took LM to Monkey World as a reward for being so patient with all the building works. We'd been before when he was smaller & had always been blessed with rain but yesterday, despite a foggy start, the sun came out & we were able to really make the most of it all (& not just the indoor play area).
The big hit with LM were the gibbons. We were treated to a display of acrobatic skills that delighted LM by the golden-cheeked gibbons & one of the Mueller gibbons kindly presented his bottom to him after rapping on the glass to make sure we were paying attention. Cue much hilarity from LM (though thankfully he didn't reciprocate).
Being only 4 I'm not sure how much LM understood when I explained that many of them were rescued but he was very impressed with their climbing frames & with those provided for the visiting cheeky monkeys.
It must have been a great experience for your little one. They do love to see animals and understand them. I am planning a trip to the zoo soon!
ReplyDelete