LM asked a disconcerting question over dinner.
Picture the scene: the sun is shining & we're eating dinner on the (half-finished) patio when, out of the blue, he asks "When will people start dying?"
At first we were too taken aback to answer but, to buy time, I asked "Like who?"
LM then told us that his friend at pre-school's Grandma had died and he wanted to know when anyone else would (I'm guessing he meant people he actually knew).
Daddy bravely stepped in & explained that people died when they were very old. To which LM countered "But you are very old Daddy" (there may have been a slight snigger from Mummy at this point).
The conversation thankfully took a lighter tone after that
Picture the scene: the sun is shining & we're eating dinner on the (half-finished) patio when, out of the blue, he asks "When will people start dying?"
At first we were too taken aback to answer but, to buy time, I asked "Like who?"
LM then told us that his friend at pre-school's Grandma had died and he wanted to know when anyone else would (I'm guessing he meant people he actually knew).
Daddy bravely stepped in & explained that people died when they were very old. To which LM countered "But you are very old Daddy" (there may have been a slight snigger from Mummy at this point).
The conversation thankfully took a lighter tone after that
Gosh this is a difficult topic for children. I said to mine, when great granddad died that he was in heaven with the angels so they asked me weather he had big wings now...
ReplyDelete