LM is very keen on the Olympics. So far his favourite events to watch have been canoeing, track cycling & hurdles.
However he has developed his own events, not all of which I can see catching on.
Event 1: The garden obstacle course on space hopper. Personally I think this would be a great spectator event. LM is obviously the current (& only) record holder but we are ready for a challenge from his cousins when they come to stay.
Event 2: The Hot Wheels step race. This just seems to involve LM playing cars with the addition of giving each car a country to represent.
Event 3: Running really fast around the living room. Team GB athletes might find the distance a little limiting but LM reckons he can beat Jessica Ennis (although admittedly she was hurdling 100 m & he was just sprinting 2 m)
Event 4: Cushion horse eventing.
However he has developed his own events, not all of which I can see catching on.
Event 1: The garden obstacle course on space hopper. Personally I think this would be a great spectator event. LM is obviously the current (& only) record holder but we are ready for a challenge from his cousins when they come to stay.
Event 2: The Hot Wheels step race. This just seems to involve LM playing cars with the addition of giving each car a country to represent.
Event 3: Running really fast around the living room. Team GB athletes might find the distance a little limiting but LM reckons he can beat Jessica Ennis (although admittedly she was hurdling 100 m & he was just sprinting 2 m)
Event 4: Cushion horse eventing.
Unfortunately his enthusiasm for the cycling has not translated into Event 5: Nice bike ride with Mummy & Daddy, as last night's tantrum proved. Apparently the track we tried to go down was "too bumpy" which resulted in a meltdown & an early night. I'm sure he won't be the only athlete to have a hissy fit.
His best commentary so far has been, on seeing the Olympic Flame burning in the stadium, "Look! They have a fire to keep them warm."
Anyway I must go. LM is currently setting up the cushions to be the sand for his Triple Jump attempt & I need to adjudicate.

good to get little ones into the Olympics. They find the all thing very fascinating!
ReplyDelete