Thursday, 20 September 2012

P is for...

Today is brought to you by the letter 'P'.

In a rare moment of openness about what LM gets up to all day in school he told me that they were practising 'P'.  When I asked him what words start with it I was informed that his contribution to the class was the word, wait for it, "Perseverance"! 

Top marks for the right letter but I don't think I should take credit for his choice of words - whilst perseverance is definitely a quality you need as a parent I'm fairly certain it's not a word that gets bandied around in conversations Chez Nous that often.  We suspect that the teacher must have used it (probably just seconds before) for LM to remember it so clearly.  

Still, it is proof that he's learning something.  Now if they could just teach him to eat a yoghurt without getting  it all over himself...


UPDATE:  LM's teacher confirmed that he had actually come up with 'perseverance' (remembering it from their talks about having to persevere to learn new things & their talks about God) - it was, apparently, a 'Wow!' moment

No comments:

Post a Comment