LM has started taking an interest in his life as a baby. He asks a lot of questions & often starts a conversation with "When I was a baby, I..."
I must say I have been very impressed with all the things he remembers liking & doing when he was tiny even if they do not exactly coincide with my own recollections.
Today, we sat down with the photo album of his first year (a rather hefty tome, subsequent years have got a little bit slimmer) and took a stroll down memory lane. While I may have got a bit misty-eyed over my gorgeous baby boy, LM took great delight in telling me what he was thinking & doing in each picture.
In one of the earlier pictures he said "I look very excited because I was so happy to be out of that tummy" - I wasn't quite sure how to take that & my ego didn't dare enquire further.
A few months down the line & at one of the standard baby in bath photos he said "That was my first bath", ignoring the countless other baby in bath snaps we had gone past. Now I know he screamed a lot at bathtime when he was tiny, but I swear I did persevere & definitely did not leave him to get dirty for 6 months. In this instance I had to insist my memory was the right one
Perceived insults aside, it was nice to reminisce with him even if only one of us has any real recall of what was the start of an amazing adventure
No comments:
Post a Comment