Monday, 29 July 2013

And so it begins...

...the long (long) holiday.

Today is the first 'proper' day - those 2 days at the end of last week don't really count.  Even I can't run out of things to do in 2 days.

So far we have made an owl (a simple sewing kit that took about an hour while the sun made up its mind  whether to bother today or not), started LM's holiday journal (after all we saw the Red Arrows on Friday so had an exciting first entry - subsequent entries may not live up to it) and played football.  

About the football.  LM is very keen.  I am slightly less so.  Also, my skills leave much to be desired.  Even by someone of LM's forgiving nature. Hence the patient explaining of how I had to aim at the goal and the slightly patronizing:  "Just take your time".  Do I hear echoes of a teacher there?  And when I, eventually, scored, "See, I told you to take your time". He has promised me football lessons, his own being the reason why he is so much better than me*.  By the end of the holidays I might be able to play at a level that doesn't make LM cringe with embarrassment.

*Sadly rain has stopped play for today so we have had to postpone for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment