The one thing LM really wanted to do this holiday was build a pirate ship. One to rival his Playmobil one.
Oh dear! I am not naturally gifted in the creative arts. I know what I want it to look like but rarely get the required results (especially when my assistant is an attention-lite LM).
So I trawled the internet for inspiration and came across Red Ted Art's brilliant blog and used her easy to follow instructions to get LM to create the ship he so desperately wanted to make. OK so I may have had to do much of the paper mache myself as his attention span really didn't stretch to covering more than one side, and there were a couple of days of incessant "Is it dry yet?" but overall the result was much better than expected.
| The good ship 'Wonky Crossbones' |
Of course, whilst being pleased with his new ship, LM was not content just to play with it quietly and declared on completion "Now we can make one for me to sit in!"
It took me a few days to pluck up the courage to face up to this challenge (and I really, really couldn't take any more paper mache) but I have of course pandered to LM's demands & created him said ship - complete with crow's nest & cannon.
No comments:
Post a Comment